Greece & the Greek Islands Tour Snapshot.
Ancient history, from Plato and Socrates to early Christians. Gorgeous coastal and mountain scenery, and breathtaking islands. Wonderful people and delicious local cuisine. Experience all that this beautiful region has to offer in an unforgettable vacation.
Tour Price: $8,495
Tour price includes:
- Roundtrip airfare from Boston or New York to Athens*
- Airport transfers
- 13 overnights in accommodations of regional character: Athens (2), Arachova (1), Kalabaka (2), Thessaloniki (2), Agios Nikolaos (2), Santorini (2), Mykonos (2)
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 10 dinners.
- Full-time tour leader and full-time local guide.
- All professional English-speaking, local tour guides
- Transportation via air-conditioned minibus
- Tickets for one inter-island flight and two inter-island ferries
- Truffle hunt in Kalabaka with pasta lunch; Gastronomic walking tour in Thessaloniki; Cooking class with chef in Thessaloniki; Winery visit with lunch in Santorini; Visit to an olive farm with a cheese-making demonstration on Crete
- All museum and monument entrance fees
- All tips and taxes
Greece & the Greek Islands Itinerary
Depart the US, flying overnight to Athens.
Days 1-2, Athens: Your local expert guide shows you the Acropolis and Parthenon, and the National Archaeological Museum. Enjoy a traditional Greek dinner with live music.
Day 3, Delphi / Arachova: Visit this amazing complex of ancient ruins with an archaeological guide. See the theater and the sanctuary where prophets once consulted the Oracle of Delphi. The charming town of Arachova is a great place to browse for tavernas in the evenings.
Days 4-5, Kalabaka: The spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site of Meteore is a series of ancient monasteries built high on unusual rock formations – “suspended on air”. Experience a truffle hunt in the forest.
Days 6-7, Thessaloniki: Take a guided tour of this vibrant city. Since this is the new gastronomic capital of Greece, you’ll shop in the local market with a chef, who gives an entertaining cooking class followed by a tasty lunch.
Days 8-9, Agios Nikolaos: Take a short flight to the island of Crete, landing in Heraklion. Visit the Palace of Knossos, the City-Palace that once dominated the island. Tour an olive farm, with traditional cheese-making.
Days 10-11, Santorini: Board a ferry that takes you from Crete to the island of Santorini, breathtakingly beautiful. Explore the village, visit a winery, dine under the stars. Enjoy this piece of heaven from your divine hotel.
Days 12-13, Mykonos: The ferry takes you to your last island, Mykonos. A must on any tour of the Greek islands, the picturesque capital of Chora is a photographer’s paradise. Tiny white chapels dot the island, and you’ll get your fill of winding cobblestone streets, charming restaurants and shops. Wonderful farewell dinner.
Day 14: Depart for Athens Airport for the flight home.