Bordeaux, Dordogne, & Languedoc Snapshot
A small group tour of Bordeaux like you’ve always imagined! We’ll introduce you to the best wines and gastronomic cuisine, and idyllic hilltop villages. You’ll take an underground boat ride (and an optional balloon ride), see prehistoric cave paintings, visit historic castles and unspoiled medieval towns with no cars, warm friendly hosts.
Tour Price: $7,390
Tour price includes:
- Roundtrip airfare from Boston or New York to Bordeaux* and home from Toulouse
- 13 nights in small, elegant accommodations of regional character
- All breakfasts, 10 dinners (mostly gastronomic), 2 special lunches
- Full time tour leader
- Transportation by comfortable mini-van
- Airport transfers
- All winery tours and tastings
- Highlights include: Bordeaux, Pauillac (Médoc wine region), Saint-Emilion, Brantôme, Les Eyzies, Périgueux, Sarlat, Beynac, Domme, Rocamadour, Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, Albi, Toulouse, Carcassonne, and Cordes-sur-Ciel
- Visit authentic prehistoric cave paintings as well as Lascaux II
- Boat ride on an underground lake in the famous Gouffre de Padirac Cave
- Optional balloon ride over Rocamadour Alzou Gorge
- All tips, taxes and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
Read more about the wines of Bordeaux from our tour leader, Chloe! She’s a connoisseur of wine and the perfect leader for this small group tour of Bordeaux, Dordogne & Languedoc.
Bordeaux, Dordogne & Languedoc Itinerary
Depart the US, flying overnight to Bordeaux.
Days 1-2, Bordeaux: Get to know this charming city with a private walking tour. Explore the wine road to Pauillac and visit one of the famous wine châteaux of the Haut Médoc wine region. Gourmet welcome dinner.
Days 3-4, Brantôme: Spend two nights in the picturesque village of Brantôme, once home to Charlemagne. Visit the castle of Bourdeilles and take an excursion to the ancient capital of Aquitaine, Périgueux. Spend the day in Saint Emilion. Enjoy gourmet cuisine and amazing local wines.
Days 5-7, Sarlat: Spend three days in Sarlat, capital of foie gras and truffles and as well as the ancient Dordogne region. Meander through the car-free streets of this medieval village. See prehistoric cave paintings in Les Eyzies, and tour the National Museum of Prehistory. Enjoy a gourmet “lunch with a view” from the top of the ancient village of Domme. Take a tour of 12th century Beynac Castle. Go on a truffle hunt in the countryside. Take a boat ride on the Dordogne River, gliding by the cliffs of La Roque Gageac.
Days 8-10, Rocamadour: Drive through the idyllic Périgord countryside to a beautiful country inn outside the ancient cliffside village of Rocamadour. Spend three nights at a homey inn on a sheep farm. Relax with a boat ride on an underground lake in a spectacular cave. Optional balloon ride over the Alzou River Gorge. Learn how foie gras is made. Visit some of the prettiest villages in France.
Day 11-12, Albi: Visit the Toulouse-Lautrec Museum and tour the 13th century Sainte-Cecile Cathedral of Albi.
Day 13, Toulouse: Take a walking tour of this beautiful city and enjoy a delicious farewell dinner.
Day 14: Depart for Toulouse-Blagnac Airport for the flight home.