The French and Italian Rivieras & Cinque Terre Snapshot
Looking for Riviera tours? Look no further. Medieval hilltop villages, Pastis on your veranda overlooking the Mediterranean, Chagall’s art in Saint Paul de Vence, the flowers of Provence, the pink and yellow houses of Portofino, Cinque Terre’s striking cliffs, the incredible beauty of the Côte d’Azur.
Tour Price: $7,890
Tour price includes:
- Round trip airfare from Boston or NY to Nice, and back from Pisa*
- Transfers from Nice Airport to first hotel and from last hotel to Pisa Airport
- 12 nights in charming, elegant hotels with magnificent mountain or Mediterranean views: (5) overnights in Saint Paul de Vence (Provence); (2) Beaulieu-sur-Mer (French Riviera); (2) Santa Margherita (Italian Riviera); (3) Lerici (Cinque Terre)
- All breakfasts, 10 dinners (some with wine), 2 special wine tasting lunches
- Transportation in comfortable, air-conditioned mini-van or mini-coach
- Full time tour leader
- Visits to: Saint Paul de Vence, Antibes, Cannes, Biot, Vence, Eze, Nice, Villefranche, Monaco, Santa Margherita, Portofino, Lerici, Cinque Terre
- Guided tours by local experts
- Fun cooking class in Lerici
- Winery visit and wine-tasting on the Italian Riviera
- All tour guides, all museum and monument entrance fees, tips and taxes
French & Italian Rivieras & Cinque Terre Itinerary
Depart the US, flying overnight to Nice.
Days 1-2, Beaulieu-sur-Mer: Visit the fabulous home and gardens of the Villa Rothschild. Ride along the coast to Monaco where your guides gives you glimpses of behind the scenes life of this elegant city-state. Enjoy lunch at Le Rocher, the lively neighborhood, high on the mountain, behind the palace. Your hotel in Beaulieu looks out over the harbor with its glamorous yachts and the backdrop of mountains.
Days 3-7, Saint Paul de Vence: Settle into your beautiful country inn for five nights. Explore the beautiful hilltop village of Saint Paul. Each day venture out from your flowered paradise to explore the quaint villages in the area: Eze, Antibes, Biot, Mougins, as well as the elegant cities of Cannes and Old Nice. You’ll understand why the French Impressionist artists settled here…the light, the hills, the beauty, the charm. Now add the seafood, the wine, and the Pastis.
Days 8-9, Santa Margherita di Ligure / Italian Riviera: Take a spectacular coastal route, crossing the Italian border and entering the Riviera di Levante to arrive at the beautiful seaside resort town of Santa Margherita di Ligure, Italy. Take a boating excursion to the photogenic fishing villages of Portofino, Fruttuoso, and Camogli. Enjoy the freshest seafood!
Days 10-12, Lerici / Cinque Terre: Visit a friend’s winery, then travel to your cliffside hotel in Lerici with spectacular views of the Mediterranean. Spend a day exploring the tiny villages of the Cinque Terre and stroll the waterfronts. Enjoy a cooking class in our friend’s kitchen, then free time before your farewell dinner.
Day 13: Depart for Pisa Airport for the flight home.