Amalfi Coast & Capri, Italy Tour Snapshot
Enjoy the warm days of spring on our small group tour of the Amalfi Coast and Capri, one of the world's most beautiful areas! A feast for the eyes as well as the palate, our Amalfi Coast tour features fascinating cultural sites, gorgeous luxury hotels, leisurely boat rides, and truly exceptional gourmet cuisine and wines.
Tour Price: $7,690
Tour price includes:
- Round trip airfare from Boston or NY to Naples, Italy*
- 11 nights deluxe accommodations with ocean views in: Naples (1), Amalfi (5), Capri (3), Sorrento (2)
- All breakfasts, 11 multi-course meals
- Full time tour leader
- All transportation by air-conditioned mini-coach or minivan
- Optional evening concert as part of the famous Ravello Concert Series
- Private guided tours of Naples; the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum; an ancient paper factory in Amalfi; Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone in Ravello; Villa San Michele in Capri; and Sorrento
- Two wine-tasting events: one at a Mt. Vesuvius vineyard and one at an award-winning winery on the Amalfi Coast
- Lively pizza-making demonstration in Sorrento
- Boat tour around the Isle of Capri and visit to the Blue Grotto (weather dependent)
- Optional hike on the Sentiero degli Dei, or "Path of the Gods"
- All tips, taxes and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
Amalfi Coast and Capri, Italy Itinerary
Depart the US, flying overnight to Naples
Day 1, Naples: Begin in Naples, the vibrant heart of southern Italy. Enjoy fresh and authentic Neapolitan cuisine and a walking tour of the historic center, including the National Museum of Archaeology.
Days 2-6, Amalfi: Spend five nights at a seafront hotel in the pastel village of Amalfi. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii with a private guide, followed by a wine-tasting lunch at a Mt. Vesuvius winery known for its Lacryma Christi wines. Daily excursions to the beautiful villages of Amalfi, Ravello and Positano. Gourmet dinners, including a wine-tasting feast at an award-winning winery on a cliff overlooking the sea, optional hike along the Path of the Gods, a very special evening musical performance as part of the famous Ravello Music Festival.
Days 7-9, Capri: Enjoy three nights at a dreamy resort, high above the ocean. Take walking tours of Capri and Anacapri, visit Villa San Michele and the Gardens of Augustus, have a private boat tour around the island, and free time for exploring. Dine on freshly caught seafood under a canopy of lemon trees. Enjoy the mystique and quiet of this beautiful island when the tour buses have all left for the day.
Days 10-11, Sorrento: Spend two nights in a luxury hotel overlooking the Bay of Naples. Enjoy a private guided tour of Sorrento, home of Homer’s mythical Sirens. Relax at an entertaining pizza-making lesson. Farewell dinner at a Michelin-star restaurant.
Day 12: Depart for Naples Airport for the flight home.