Tour Price: $7,799
Tour price includes:
- Airport transfers
- 13 nights’ accommodation in elegant hotels of character: Munich (2), Salzburg (3), Mittenwald (2), Lindau (2), Rothenburg (2), Regensburg (2)
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 7 dinners
- Full time professional tour leader
- Expert local guides in Munich, Salzburg, Berchtesgarden, Mittenwald, Garmisch, Neuschweinstein and Hohenschwangau Castles, Lindau, Lake Constance, Rothenberg, Würzburg, Nuremberg and Regensburg
- Admission to Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest in the Bavarian Alps
- Wine tasting in Würzburg, wine capital of the region
- All tour guides, museum/monument entrance fees, tips, and taxes
Bavaria, Germany & Salzburg, Austria Itinerary
Depart the United States, flying overnight to Munich.
Days 1-2, Munich: Arrive in Munich. Tour the historic city with a private guide and have dinner at the famous Hofbrauhaus beer hall.
Days 3-5, Salzburg: After stopping at Lake Chiemsee to see the island palace, Herrenchiemsee, spend three days getting to know the stunning Baroque city of Salzburg, itself a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Eagle’s Nest, Adolf Hitler’s chalet atop the summit of the Kehlstein.
Days 6-7, Mittenwald: Spend two days in this beautiful Bavarian village and discover the nearby town of Garmisch and all its charm.
Days 8-9, Lindau: Visit two of King Ludwig’s fairytale castles – Neuschweinstein and Hohenschwangau – on the way to Lindau, your lovely home for the next two nights. Take a cruise on Lake Constance, which borders Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Days 10-11, Rothenburg: Visit Würzburg, wine capital of the region, see the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Residenz, an immense palace, gardens and square. Two nights in the picturesque town of Rothenburg.
Days 12-13, Regensburg: Take a private guided tour of Nuremberg and see the courthouse where the Nazi trials took place. Spend two nights in one of the most impressive Gothic cities in the world, Regensburg.
Day 14: Depart for Munich Airport for the flight home.