Corsica & Sardinia Tour Snapshot
There is no other place like Corsica. Belonging to France, with roots from Italy, today Corsica remains fiercely independent. Proud of their heritage and one-time status as an independent republic in the 1700s, Corsicans love to talk about their history, their famous native son Napoleon Bonaparte, and their unique status as a special French department.
This tiny island is amazingly rich in beauty with miles of magnificent coastline, rugged mountains, and beautiful little villages. It also boasts high quality wines, luscious cheeses and a French-Italian cuisine all its own. The people are friendly, welcoming and eager to tell you their stories.
Sardinia is Corsica’s southern neighbor and is the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Today Sardinia is an autonomous region of Italy, and Sardinians remain proud of their culture and heritage. Sardinia has a rich history, having been settled in turn by the ancient Phoenicians, the Romans, the Vandals and the Byzantine Empire. It boasts fabulous archeological sites, including the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Su Naraxi, and beautiful towns and villages.
Tour Price: Coming Soon!
Tour price includes:
- Roundtrip airfare from New York or Boston**
- Airport transfers
- 12 nights in small, elegant accommodations of regional character; 1 night in Nice, 6 nights in Corsica (2 in Calvi, 2 in Ajaccio, 2 in Bonifacio), 5 nights in Sardinia (2 in Alghero, 1 in Oristano, 2 in Cagliari)
- All Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 7 Dinners.
- Full time tour escort and driver
- Transportation by air-conditioned mini-coach or mini-van
- Flight from Nice, France to Calvi, Corsica
- Ferry from Bonifacio, Corsica to Santa Teresa Di Gallura, Sardinia
- Highlights include: 2 UNESCO world heritage sites: Scandola Natural Reserve, in Corsica and Su Naraxi, Sardinia
- Cooking class in Oristano
- Archaeological guided visits to prehistoric monuments and guided tours of Nice,
Ajaccio, Filitosa, Bonifacio, Lu Brandali, Tharros, Su Nuraxi, Cagliari
- 1 guided wine and olive oil tasting with local cheeses and sausages in Sardinia
- All local tour guides, museum, winery and monument entrance fees
- All tips and taxes
Corsica & Sardinia Itinerary
Depart the US, flying overnight to Nice
Day 1, Nice: Arrive in Nice, capital of the French Riviera, to stroll the waterfront promenade and tour the old city. Gourmet welcome dinner.
Days 2-3, Calvi: Take a short flight from Nice to Calvi, Corsica. Guided walking tour of the medieval town of Calvi. Enjoy Corsican specialties. Visit a local winery and olive oil producer.
Days 4-5, Ajaccio: Visit this lively Corsican capital city - birthplace of Napoleon - with a local guide and enjoy free time to explore. Day excursion by boat to see the Scandola Nature Reserve, a spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site..
Days 6-7, Bonifacio: South of Ajaccio, visit the prehistoric site of Filitosa and have lunch in Sartène. Continue to Bonifacio, Corsica’s southernmost town. Walking tour of Bonifacio and free time to relax at your beautiful hotel perched high on the town’s ancient ramparts overlooking the sea.
Days 8-9, Alghero: Take a short ferry ride across the Straits of Bonifacio to the lovely town of Santa Teresa di Gallura on the island of Sardinia. Visit the fascinating prehistoric village, La Brandall, and the Tomb of the Giants. Optional boat ride to a geological marvel, the Caves of Neptune. Visit a local winery and olive oil producer. Spend two nights at a beautiful seaside hotel.
Day 10, Oristano: Take a scenic coastal drive, stopping for lunch at the colorful town of Bosa. Visit the prehistoric Nuragic town of Tharros, dating from the 7th century B.C. Stay at a charming, family-run inn and take an entertaining cooking class. Visit medieval Oristano.
Days 11-12, Cagliari: Head to the last stop on the southern coast, the capital city of Cagliari. Along the way see the ancient nuraghe – megalithic constructions from 1900-730 B.C., now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tour Cagliari and enjoy a gourmet farewell dinner.
Day 13: Depart for Cagliari Airport for the flight home.