Croatia & Slovenia Tour Snapshot
Our Croatia and Slovenia tour explores a magnificent part of old, unspoiled Europe: the scenery is gorgeous; the outdoor cafés are enticing; the people are unbelievably friendly; the villages are picturesque and inviting; there are wonderful castles, palaces, and fascinating ancient ruins.
Tour Price: Coming Soon!
Tour price includes:
- Roundtrip airfare from Boston or New York*
- Airport transfers
- 12 nights in lovely, boutique style hotels with beautiful marble baths: (2) Dubrovnik; (2) Split; (1) Plitvice; (2) Zagreb; (2) Bled; Ljubljana (3)
- Full time tour leader
- Transportation in comfortable mini-coach or mini-van
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch, 9 multi-course dinners
- Guided walking tours in Dubrovnik, Split, Zadar, Zagreb, Ljubljana
- Beautiful drives along the Dalmatian Coast
- Visit to the National Park of the Lakes of Plitvice (a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Excursion to Postojna Cave, Slovenia
- Visit to fairytale-like Lake Bled, including a traditional Pletna boat ride and Bled Castle
- Excursions to wine regions: Peljesac Peninsula, Croatia and Sava, Slovenia
- All tour guides, museum and monument entrance fees, tips, and taxes
Croatia & Slovenia Tour Itinerary
Depart US, flying overnight to Dubrovnik.
Days 1-2, Dubrovnik: Your journey begins in Dubrovnik, Croatia - the “pearl of the Adriatic” - built on a rock overlooking the sea. Narrow streets, beautiful small squares, countless historical sites. The whole city is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a dream to wander around.
Days 3-4, Split: Drive along the Dalmatian Coast, stopping for oysters in Ston. Tour a winery to try the excellent wines of the Peljesac Peninsula. Spend two nights in the vibrant coastal Roman city of Split. The Roman Emperor Diocletian built what is now the historical center as his retirement palace. Strolling around the brightly lit alleys and squares at night on the polished stone streets is an unforgettable experience.
Days 5-7, Plitvice / Zagreb: Drive along the coast to the ancient Roman town of Zadar. Take a guided tour and have lunch. Head north to the Plitvice Lakes National Park, yet another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the beautiful walkways among terraced lakes and waterfalls. Spend two days discovering Zagreb, Croatia’s lovely capital. Take a guided tour of the town, ride the funicular to the upper town and take an entertaining Croatian cooking class.
Days 8-9, Bled: Cross the Slovenian border into the Sava wine region and stop for a winery tour and tasting lunch. Your next stop is the fairytale Lake Bled. Situated at the foot of Mt. Triglav, Lake Bled is “without a doubt the most beautiful lake in the Alps.” Take the Pletna boat to an island, visit Bled Castle, and sample the famous cream cake, Kremšnita. Spend two nights in a vacation home built by Mussolini.
Days 10-12, Ljubljana: Enjoy three days in the magical Slovenian capital, Ljubljana. Take an excursion to see a show of the famous dancing Lipizzan horses and visit the spectacular Postojna Cave. Take a food tour of the historic Ljubljana town center.
Day 13: Depart for Ljubljana Airport for the flight home.
For those who wish, you can continue your tour with an optional add-on to Venice.