Rome, Amalfi Coast & Sicily Tour Snapshot
Also available for custom groups and dates
Breathtaking scenery, the grandeur of Rome, the stunning cliffs of the Amalfi Coast, the magic of Capri, the awe of Pompeii, Sicily's ancient Greek temples, colorful markets, wonderful wines and foods, spectacular scenery, warm-hearted people, beautiful Taormina. Simply the best Amalfi Coast and Sicily tours.
Tour Price: $8,280
Tour price includes:
- Roundtrip airfare from Boston or New York (airfare price can be deducted)
- 12 nights deluxe accommodations, with private baths, in Rome (2); Sorrento (3); overnight ferry with outside cabin (1); Sicily: Agrigento (1); Siracusa (2); Taormina (3)
- All (12) breakfasts, 1 lunch, 9 dinners, many gastronomic experiences
- Wine-tastings at Mt. Vesuvius and Mt. Etna
- Full time tour leader
- Transportation in comfortable, air-conditioned mini-van or mini-coach
- Private guided visits to: Rome (Colosseum, Forum, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica), Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Capri, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Mt. Etna, Palermo, Monreale, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Siracusa, Valley of the Temples
- All tour guides, all museum and monument entrance fees, tips and taxes
Rome, Amalfi Coast and Sicily Itinerary
Depart the US, flying overnight to Rome.
Days 1-2, Rome: Arrive in Rome and stay in the heart of the ancient city, where you can walk everywhere. Your local guide takes you to the Vatican, Roman Forum, Colosseum and through some ancient Roman neighborhoods for an insider’s tour. Sumptuous local cuisine.
Days 3-6, Sorrento: Spend 3 nights in this magical town on the beautiful Sorrentine Peninsula in a hotel overlooking the Bay of Naples. Explore Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. You’ll take excursions to the island of Capri and the unforgettable ruins of Pompeii. Wine-tasting lunch at a Mt. Vesuvius winery and a fabulous dinner overlooking the ocean. Overnight ferry from Naples to Palermo, Sicily.
Days 7, Agrigento: Explore Palermo with your expert local guide, visit the spectacular Arab-Norman Cathedral of Monreale. Drive south and check into your charming country inn where you'll enjoy a delicious dinner.
Days 8-9, Siracusa: Visit the magnificent Valley of the Temples, dating to 520 B.C., these spectacular Greek temples make the ruins of Rome and Pompeii seem modern! Your expert guide takes you through the ruins and archaeological museum. Stop at the UNESCO site of the Villa Romana del Casale, an incredible Roman villa whose thousands of colorful mosaics have been perfectly preserved.
Days 10-12, Taormina: Tour Siracusa, seeing the Greek khoros and Catacombs of San Giovanni. Then spend 3 nights in a 5-star seaside hotel in the gorgeous seaside town of Taormina. Visit the still-active volcano of Mt. Etna; enjoy a wine-tasting lunch at a baron-owned winery.
Day 13: Depart for Catania Airport for the flight home.