Small Group Tour Of Scotland and Ireland Snapshot
Come with us on our small group tour of Scotland and Ireland! Striking green hills dotted with sheep, megalithic Celtic stones, friendly locals speaking Gaelic, small villages with cobblestone streets, cozy “singing” pubs, ancient churches, the Scottish Highlands, picturesque castles, mountains and lochs.
Tour Price: $7,890
Tour Dates: Aug. 27 – Sept. 11, 2022
Tour Price: Coming Soon
Tour price includes:
- Round trip airfare from Boston or NY to Edinburgh, Scotland and back from Shannon, Ireland*
- Airport transfers from Edinburgh Airport and to Shannon Airport
- Full-time tour leader
- Transportation by comfortable mini-coach or mini-van
- Ferry from Scotland to Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Local expert guides
- 14 nights in charming, elegant historic country houses and inns: 7 nights in Scotland; 7 nights in Ireland
- All breakfasts and 11 dinners
- Highlights in Scotland: Edinburgh, Loch Ness, Inverness, Isle of Skye, Portree, Fort William, Glencoe, Oban, Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, Glasgow
- Highlights in Ireland: Dublin, Rock of Cashel, Blarney Castle, Kenmare, Beara Peninsula, Bantry Bay, Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Doolin, Burren region, Cliffs of Moher, Galway
- Whisky-tasting lesson in Scotland and visit to Oban distillery
- All tour guides, museums and entrance fees
- All tips and taxes
Scotland & Ireland Itinerary
Depart the US, flying overnight to Edinburgh
Day 1, Edinburgh: Arrive at this wonderful, lively city and enjoy a walking tour with a local guide. Whisky tasting lesson, followed by a welcome dinner.
Days 2-4, Inverness / Isle of Skye: Overnight in Inverness. Search for Nessie on Loch Ness and visit Urquhart Castle. Spend two nights on Isle of Skye. See the most photographed castle in Scotland, Eilean Donan.
Days 5-7, Oban / Glasgow: See the spectacular scenery of the Glenfinnan Gorge (“Harry Potter bridge”) and spend a day in the beautiful Highlands village of Oban. Try Oban whisky! Spend two nights in Glasgow. Visit historic Stirling Castle, and dine on Glasgow’s newly discovered gourmet cuisine.
Days 8-9, Dublin: Take a short ferry to Belfast, and then drive to Dublin to spend the next 2 days exploring this energetic capital city.
Days 10-12, Kenmare: Stop at the Rock of Cashel and Blarney Castle on the way to the beautiful west coast. Spend three nights in Kenmare, an iconic picturesque Irish town, full of pubs and good restaurants, and with an ancient Celtic stone circle. Explore the Beara Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park, and the island gardens of Ilnacullin in Bantry Bay.
Days 13-14, Doolin: Stay at a lovely castle-hotel overlooking the ocean in Doolin, County Clare. Walk along the 700-foot Cliffs of Moher. Experience one of Doolin’s singing pubs for a taste of live traditional Irish music. Visit the lively town of Galway. Gourmet farewell dinner.
Day 15: Depart for Shannon Airport for the flight home.
Getting close to local life: Sheep herding in Kells, Ireland